Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Wet Panel Carrier is Done!

Hi All -
Wow, this was an adventure. It took a trip to Burlington to find 1/2" foam board which only came in black which was more expensive, but looks very cool trimmed with silver duct
tape : )

It actually works, though my initial intention was to be able to fit two 8x10's, two 6x6's, and an adapter to fit 5x7's. Not being a mathematical genius, and also being an impatient Gemini, I managed to work it out so that I can carry the 8x10's and 5X7's. Nix the 6x6. Of course I did a small 6x6 painting today, so it will end up in the little pizza box : (

The foam board is quite strong and can be adapted to carry small canvases. Actually large ones too, depending on how much you want to spend, which in the scheme of things is a lot less than the stuff you see on line. I'll attempt to post a photo tomorrow, or take it into class on Monday/Tuesday.

I think if you're patient, mathematically adept, make straight cuts, have some good permanent glue tape...and duct tape, it will totally work. I fit into two of those categories. But really, the black and silver looks kind of cool. And, then add some silver marker stuff and you have a piece of art. I intend to strap it to the french easel when I'm out plein air painting this summer. I can't wait!

On another note...the new brushes are different, but interesting. As Ed always says...More paint. The gesso boards are really nice too. I am a painting fool right now.

See you next week!
Cathy


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it, Cathy. Maybe you should make them and sell them to the class.
    libby

    ReplyDelete