Monday, April 30, 2012


Hi Everyone -
I think I'm going a little mental since I can't figure out how to log on to the student blog, but seemed to have done so, I think, through some circuitous route.  Anyway, Ed asked me to post this.  I hope you all get it and can come up with some PR stuff, i.e., artists statement.  Mine is short and sweet.  One second thought, maybe not so sweet but definitely short.  I plan on emailing it to Ed and bring in a copy to class tomorrow.  Hope everyone is painting away.  See you tomorrow....  Cathy


Dear Cathy,
Cathy, that sounds great. I will see you on Tuesday. I am sending you some new news as far as the Show is concerned. I will be sending this to all, if I miss anyone , maybe you can pass it on as well, or post it on the Students Blog, I still don't know how to work all that stuff.
I received an e-mail from Jenifer, NVRH, all is a go. However, we need some materials which I need to compile. I am meeting with Jenifer on Wednesday and will keep you informed of what and when we need material for hanging.
For Wednesday, we need some type of Artistic Statement or School intent, or mission.  I will be writing a short little mission statement, a small bio. Etc., however, if you have any info you would like to contribute, such as your bio, testimonial or testimonials of the school, experiences, whatever, it surely would be a great help to me. I can compile any such material even in pieces and put something together for the news letter, as well as other publications for NVRH Show, Thank you all, I will see you in class, and go through this further.
Thank you, Regards,
Ed

1 comment:

  1. Now I can't figure out how I got here via the circuitous route so I'm sending an extract of Ed's email that I received today re the show....


    Missed Gail and Jen on Tuesday, Hope all is well, still need heir paperwork etc. possibly you can pass this along to the students blog I don't have Gail's e-mail.
    Just a quick update. The Hanging is on the 17 th. The Reception has been changed to the 31st. 5 to 7Pm. Put as many pieces in as you wish, within reason, plenty of room. We can double or triple-up. It will be an easy hanging. just need wire in back of paintings. Send in any type of your personal write-up, or update, or price list painting title, medium, size etc., in as soon as you can directly to: "Layn, Jennifer" Just subject label appropriately.Other than that I'll try to let everyone know of things as I get them.....

    I'm not clear on whether we're doing labels for our work of what. I'll write to Ed, but you will also see him next Tuesday, so maybe you can clarify if he doesn't read his mail before then.

    Hoping you're all enjoying this delightful weather.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete